Not Just Social – Facebook is more professional than you can imagine
- Facebook boasts over 350 million active users.
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the fifth-largest country in the world
- The average Facebook users spend more than 55 minutes a day on the site. They use the Like button nine times a month and write 25 comments each month
- In Australia, it is valid protocol to serve court notices to defendants on Facebook
- A Facebook post in December 2009 led to a kidney donation.
- In the United States, 54.7% of people ages 13 to 17 have a Facebook account
- There are more than 800,000 developers building applications for Facebook.
Whoa! These are some mind-boggling statistics!
Facebook has become a verb. It has taken several generations within its grip. No matter what, there is no ignoring Facebook. It is addictive, unavoidable and always evolving. It has given a new dimension to the word “Social Networking”, and with all this to its credit, Facebook is getting popular amongst businesses who are trying to leverage it and its various features to hit their marketing targets. Yes, your very own Facebook is now professional!
But it is easier said than done. Facebook marketing is not random and requires a thorough marketing strategy and plan which can only come through insights, experience and an understanding of Facebook as a marketing tool.
Professionals and students have been taking digital marketing courses to learn the art of using Facebook to promote their business. Experts swear by the following basics to keep in mind to effectively promote your business on Facebook-
Create a personal page-
A Facebook page helps you connect with the public and interact with them on a regular basis. A well-designed page where you are frequently active helps attract potential customers.
- Hosting quizzes and photo contests on your Facebook page can add an element of fun and spice.
- Be sure to make your page inclined to your business/product. Keep it true to your brand.
- Add colour if it suits your image, make it subtle if a serious service is being offered.
Stay active, keep interacting and keep posting.
Quick Tip: Spend at least one hour on your page every day!
Sounds simple, right? Yes, it is but is still overlooked. Once you have your Facebook page ready, share worthwhile content on the page.
- Update photos, videos, promotions, and news. Perhaps draw a plan laying out how frequently and at what time do your potential customers are most active during the day. Then what? Just Shoot!
- Be as creative and innovative as possible.
- You can easily gauge how impactful your activities are based on an analysis of the number of people “commenting” on and “liking” your posts.
Quick Tip: Use “Page Insights Tool”( accessible from your Facebook Page’s Admin menu) to gain information on follower activity.
Create a Group-
- Yes, create your exclusive group. Add people, chat with them, discuss issues that matter and encourage more and more people to participate. Be it talking about fashion and styling or educating people about finance and business, groups can be multi-faceted.
- Once you engage with people on such a direct level, you will definitely learn more about them. This will give you an opportunity to tailor your product or service to suit their needs and in turn attract more people.
Quick Tip: Be sure to add only relevant people. If the group is exclusive, then do not allow others to add friends to your group without your permission
Create event pages-
Well, there is no better way to market.
- Organizing a Holi bash? Create a page!
- Want to sell your unique winter collection on a mela? Create a page!
- Looking to organize a workshop for training students in digital marketing? Create a page.
An event page is different from your personal page in the sense that it specifically provides details for one single event that you are planning. You can invite as many people to your event through this page. What’s more interesting is that people you invite, can invite more people and so on. This way, your event can reach people who might genuinely interested.
Quick Tip: Be sure to link this page to your personal page!
Wanna learn more? Take up a Digital Marketing Course online
Now, it is not just about what to do. What not to do is equally important. Here is all that you must avoid at any cost-
- Over posting: Do not annoy your customers. Remember that excess of everything is bad and that posting too much will only drive people away. Test the water first. Observe what works for you and then plan your strategy. Quality over quantity is the mantra.
- Being too verbose: No one, mind you, no one wants to read lengthy, boring text. Be crisp and clear.
- Predictability: Add spark to everything that you do, all activities that you engage in.
- Overlooking Insights: As a business, you can get multiple sorts of analytics on your followers, their engagement, and activity. Take account of this and keep it in mind for future interaction. In turn, receive greater engagement.
Facebook Marketing is not easy, but it is worth it. It is not simple but works well as you learn more. It is not a one-time process but an ongoing one. It does not guarantee success but paves way for an exceptional campaign. It helps you engage and build a bond with your customers. Gaining expertise requires practice and patience. One needs to keep experimenting as there is no tried and tested formula to make it work. Nonetheless, it is worth learning and leveraging to attain your marketing targets!